Open Enrollment: 10/15/19 - 6/30/20
We are your local
Certified Insurance Agent for:
obamacareOC.com © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
get a quote
So, you are not from sunny California? That is ok, we've got you covered. You can qualify for Obamacare in all 50 states!
Healthy Families is no longer being offered and is transitioning to Medi-Cal. The new program is called "Targeted Low Income Children's Program (TLICP). Here are some of the details...
Minors ages 0 - 19
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage (through Denti-Cal, including orthodontics such as braces)
* Limited vision coverage (one eye exam and pair of lenses and frames every 24 months, no restrictions
on emergency services).
* Immunizations (through automatic enrollment with Vaccines for Children program)
* Mental health services (therapeutic behavioral services require pre-screening through the Early and
Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) program)
* Limited alcohol and other drug treatment services (comparable to services previously provided through
* Acupuncture and chiropractic services (2 visits/month maximum)
* California resident
* U.S. citizen or national, legal permanent resident or other legal immigration status
* Countable gross family income must be between 100-250% Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
* Minors previously covered under the Healthy Families program were moved to this new program as of
* Accelerated enrollment options are available; all premium-related issues are handled by the Premium
Payment Section in Sacramento, all eligibility determination issues are handled by the local County
* None for minors whose countable gross family income is below 150% FPL, $13/per month for minors
whose countable gross family income is between 150% FPL and 250 % FPL, maximum $39/month for
families with three or more eligible minors.
For more information:
Visit the Department of Health Care Services website.